Conditions of Use
Welcome to the Bay Area Law Center, PC (“BALC”) website (the “Website”). BALC operates worldwide as a limited liability partnership organized under the laws of the State of California, USA.
No Legal Services or Attorney Client Relationship
Although the website may provide information concerning potential legal issues, it is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified counsel. You should not and are not authorized to rely on the website as a source of legal advice. Your use of the website does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and BALC, or any attorney.
The website contains electronic contact information for BALC attorneys. The mere act of contacting a BALC attorney electronically, however, does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you wish to become a client of BALC, you must contact an appropriate BALC attorney, and explicitly negotiate a retention. The website is not an invitation to form an attorney-client relationship.
Unless you have an attorney-client relationship with BALC, we are not obliged to keep confidential information you may send us. Under no circumstances, therefore, should you send confidential information to BALC unless you have been authorized to do so by a BALC attorney or you have a pre-existing and documented attorney-client relationship with BALC.
You agree that you will not use the website for any illegal purpose. In addition, you agree that:
- You will not harvest, collect or otherwise use contact information made available on the website for the purpose of sending unsolicited improper communications, including without limitation, unsolicited bulk email (collectively, spam) and that you will not use any BALC communications facility to deliver or attempt to deliver spam
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website or the servers and network associated with the website
- You will not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security or access control technology implemented on the website, or the servers and network associated with the website
- You will not use the website in any manner designed to degrade the performance or functioning of the website, including, without limitation, launching Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks against the website
BALC claims a copyright in its works presented at this website. BALC authorizes you to view, copy, download and print BALC documents on this website, subject to the following conditions:
- The documents may be used solely for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes
- The documents may not be modified
Commercial Use of BALC Website Materials and Screen Shots
Reproduction, copying or redistribution of materials on the BALC website for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of BALC. To obtain permission to copy portions of this site, please send email to email@example.com and provide the following information in the body of the email:
- The BALC content you wish to use
- Where and how it will be used (for example, a book cover, magazine article, a brochure)
- Where and how copies will be distributed and to what audience
- How many copies will be produced and distributed
- When you intend to publish
- What other non-BALC materials will be associated with the BALC content
- Your name, title, company, address, email address and phone number
We will evaluate your request and advise you as soon as possible. BALC reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast or publish any of its copyrighted material, including text and images on our website.
No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Information provided on the website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. BALC periodically adds changes, improves or updates the information and documents on the website without notice. BALC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the website. Your use of the website is at your own risk. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall BALC, its suppliers or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website’s contents be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character arising from your access to, or use of, the website.
Links to Third Party Sites
If you use any links on the website to websites not maintained by BALC, you will leave BALC website. The linked sites are not under the control of BALC and BALC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. BALC provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by BALC of the site.
Service Marks – Permitted Use of BALC Service and Trademarks
BALC service marks identify BALC products and services and let the public know the source of those products and services. You may make fair use of our service marks in advertising and promotional materials, and in referencing our products and services (for example, in a magazine article) without our permission, provided you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution. Other uses require our written permission. If you are in doubt as to whether you need our permission for a specific type of use, please ask us.
You may not use BALC logos or “design” service marks (as opposed to our service marks consisting solely of words) under any circumstances without our prior written authorization.
In addition, you may not use BALC service marks, whether design or word marks, in the following ways:
- In a non-BALC service name or publication title
- In, as, or as part of, your own service or trademarks
- To identify products or services that are not BALC’s
- In a manner likely to cause confusion
- In a manner that implies inaccurately that we sponsor or endorse, or are otherwise connected with, your own activities, products and services
- As hidden or embedded text in web pages in an effort to cause a search of BALC marks to result in a hit on a page not maintained by BALC in a manner disparaging of BALC
Jurisdiction; Choice of Law
This Agreement and your use of the website shall be governed by the laws of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
Criminal Finances Act 2017
BALC is committed to conducting its business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity.
BALC has a zero-tolerance approach to tax evasion and the facilitation of tax evasion by anyone who performs services on our behalf and has implemented procedures designed to prevent such conduct.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed and all other provisions shall remain in force.
The attorney responsible for this website is Tomas M. Flores, Esq.